final thoughts on my final project

Images : My images still printed out on the dark side. I though I had fixed them but due to the fact I needed to print on special paper I had to print at home so when they printed out dark I no loner had access to the software needed to fix this issue. Over all I am happy with my Images.

Blow- up Sculpture : It is hard to prepare yourself for failure but sometime necessary. Some things I could have done better/ changed

  • My sewing skills need much improvement
  • I could have cut the images in a way where their were no flat edges left
  • I could have created a stand of some sort because at the moment you have to hold it in order for it to inflate
  • I could have made the panels much more uniform (I blame this more on my sewing skills and less on my cutting skills) 
Trouble shooting: First I had to try and improve my sewing skills. I had originally planed on letting my mother help me with the sewing but I ran out of time for this. After I Had everything attached I turned on the fan and it only inflated about half-way because a lot of air was leaking out (once again I blame this on my sewing skills). In order to combat this issue I placed a small plastic bag into the cloth so that it would Inflate all the way. Then came the Ironing......if I ever made another one I would Iron the photos on before I had everything put together. However I already had everything together so I just did some interesting folds and was able to almost get a flat surface.   

Comments